- Waterproof Solutions
Waterproof Protection for Your Mattress Brings Peace of Mind
A mattress is one of the most valuable investments in your home, so protecting it brings you peace of mind and reduces stress on the whole family. Our waterproof mattress protectors offer a range of waterproof yet breathable style options that are non-allergenic, fire retardant, dust mite resistant, and machine washable.
Adult incontinence, child bedwetting, pet stains, and accidents each pose potential threats to a clean, dry mattress.
Waterproof bedding solutions provide a protective barrier, reducing mattress damage. The laminated fabric of our RV mattress covers, protectors, and encasements provide waterproof, stain-resistant protection for your bed. Parents, homeowners, camps, and rental properties can all benefit by preserving expensive bedding with protective mattress covers while providing a clean, dry sleeping environment.
Compared to other mattress covers, our soft, smooth fabric offers a variety of advantages:
- Waterproof Protection - Protects against spills and fluids.
- Breathable - Moisture is wicked away from the body for greater comfort in both hot and cold environments.
- Allergy Relief - Retards flourishing mold and bacteria in the mattress, decreasing the population of allergy-inducing spores.
- Soft to the Touch - Noiseless, comfortable, and soft to the touch, allowing for a peaceful night's sleep.
- Easy Maintenance - Convenient to wipe down between washings. Lightweight and launders like a sheet, resulting in less saturation and bulk when wet.
- Bed Bug Certified - Prevents initial infestation and provides early detection of an infestation. Eliminates the opportunity for bed bugs to find a home in the mattress or box spring.
Our products protect your mattress and sheets from fluids and stains by providing protection for adults during periods of home health care, and for the daily uses of family life. As we grow older, our bodies inevitably start to break down and health issues become more prominent. With aging can come the complications of surgical recovery, injury, sickness, and incontinence. Adult sleepers may, at times, need to waterproof and protect mattresses from stains and damage from fluids. From illness through home health care, our protective mattress covers give you a layer of security that will not interfere with rest or recovery.
25 million adult Americans experience temporary or chronic urinary incontinence (UI). Health risks include skin rashes, sores, infections, and urinary tract infections. The National Association for Continence* estimates that 75-80% of UI sufferers are women, 9-13 million of whom have symptoms ranging from moderate to severe. UI often affects people over 50 years old, and over half of home-bound seniors have incontinence issues. Common causes include*:
- Menopausal or pregnancy-related hormone fluctuations
- For men, enlarged prostate gland or prostate surgery
- Weakened and stretched pelvic muscles after childbirth
- Prescription medication side effects
- Build-up of stool in the bowels
- Overweight and obesity, which increases pressure on the bladder and muscles that control the bladder
- Urinary tract infections
- Vascular disease
- Diseases such as diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and multiple sclerosis
Protecting your child's mattress will give them the added security they need for worry-free sleep after an accident. Should bedwetting occur, our products are waterproof and provide protection against fluids and stains. The luxurious fabric is soft to the touch, contributing to the comfort of your mattress.
It is estimated that more than 5 million children in the U.S. experience bedwetting. Although the inconvenience affects many young people, it usually disappears naturally over time. This suggests that incontinence, for some people, may be a normal part of growing up. Incontinence at the normal age of toilet training may cause great distress. Most cases probably result from a mix of factors including slower physical development, an overproduction of urine at night, a lack of ability to recognize bladder filling when asleep, and, infrequently, anxiety. Anxiety experienced after the age of 4 due to overwhelming, stressful situations may lead to bedwetting even after the child has been dry for a period of 6 months or more. Most children overcome incontinence naturally – without treatment – as they grow older, typically due to a combination of factors:
- Bladder capacity increases
- Natural body alarms become activated
- An overactive bladder settles down
- Production of related hormones normalizes
- The child learns to better respond to their body's signals
- Stressful events or periods pass
Your mattress is an investment to ensure a good night's sleep and periodically may be used by everyone in your family, including pets. Many pet lovers enjoy sharing their bed with their furry companions. A beloved pet that is elderly, suffering from a UTI, an illness, or convalescing from a surgery or injury, can experience accidents, causing irreversible damage to the mattress.
A protective mattress cover will protect your mattress from common accidents. Beyond everyday protection, encasements can add to the life of your bedding investment by protecting against molds, stains, bacteria, skin cells, and specifically dust mite and pet allergens that collect in the mattress. Add a layer of protection and comfort to the most used piece of furniture in your home.
Please note that claws on pets can puncture the protector, compromising the waterproof effectiveness of the product.